Red Square Russian is an exciting new course aimed primarily at those studying Russian to GCSE level in the secondary classroom. According to a review in ISMLA (Independent Schools’ Modern Languages Association) magazine in November 2018, Red Square Russian ‘is a high quality, well-designed and beautifully illustrated resource for school pupils working towards GCSE’. Read the full review here.
There will be three books in the series. Book 1 is out now. Book 2 is available from 1 September 2019. Book 3 is due to be published in September 2021.
Each book features:
- lots of exercises to practise reading, writing, listening, speaking and grammar, with plenty of space for students to write their answers directly into the book
- a wide variety of task type, including (but not limited to) those that feature in the latest GCSE syllabus
- detailed grammatical explanations with lots of examples of correct usage
- vocabulary lists at the end of every chapter, and Russian-English vocabulary list at the back of the book
- cultural information (in English or Russian, as appropriate)
- vibrant, specially commissioned illustrations by Evelina Dee-Shapland
- grammatical overview and tables at the back of the book
- lie-flat spiral binding – durable and perfect for writing in
- contents and index pages, making it easy to find what you need